Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Retirement home

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Retirement home

    At a nursing home in Florida, a group of senior citizens were sitting around talking about their aches and pains.

    "My arms are so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee," said one.

    "I know what you mean. My cataracts are so bad I can't even see my coffee," replied another.

    "I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck," said a third.

    "My blood pressure pills make me dizzy," another contributed.

    "I guess that's the price we pay for getting old," winced an old man.

    Then there was a short moment of silence.





    "Thank God we can all still drive," said one woman cheerfully.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member michael jordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2007
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Retirement home

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R0cketer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At a nursing home in Florida, a group of senior citizens were sitting around talking about their aches and pains.

    "My arms are so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee," said one.

    "I know what you mean. My cataracts are so bad I can't even see my coffee," replied another.



    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

    "I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck," said a third.

    "My blood pressure pills make me dizzy," another contributed.

    "I guess that's the price we pay for getting old," winced an old man.

    Then there was a short moment of silence.





    "Thank God we can all still drive," said one woman cheerfully.
    </div></div> [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another

  3. #3
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Retirement home

    lol When I was growing up, all these Floridians (called Floridiots in the local vernacular) would spend their summers in the Asheville/Hendersonville area. Their driving skills were atrocious. Sure made driving interesting in that area.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member michael jordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2007
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Retirement home

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol When I was growing up, all these Floridians (called Floridiots in the local vernacular) would spend their summers in the Asheville/Hendersonville area. Their driving skills were atrocious. Sure made driving interesting in that area. </div></div>

    YOu should ride with my wife sometime then [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another

  5. #5
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Retirement home

    I remember when I was in Florida and having to drive on 95, you'd get on there and there were all these old people driving like 35-40. One day there was a wreck because a elderly man was going the wrong way on 95 and went head on into oncoming traffic, they dont know if it was an accident or if he was commiting suicide.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member michael jordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2007
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Retirement home

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aphrodite4evermore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember when I was in Florida and having to drive on 95, you'd get on there and there were all these old people driving like 35-40. One day there was a wreck because a elderly man was going the wrong way on 95 and went head on into oncoming traffic, they dont know if it was an accident or if he was commiting suicide. </div></div>


    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] That would be funny.. I hope they were not hurt. Probably aLZEMIERS.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •